Saturday 8th June 2019 10:00 – 16:00
Drake House, 44 St Georges Road, London SW19 4ED
Workshop cost: £125 + booking fee / 20% discount + booking fee for Wimbledon Guild counsellors ONLY you must purchase your ticket via your Wimbledon Guild email address / 20% discount for trainee counsellors*/ Limited Early-bird discount of 15% + booking fee available until 8th March 2019 or until sold out
This CPD workshop will provide counsellors and psychotherapists with a thorough understanding of sex addiction from a biopsychosocial viewpoint. Ultimately only the ‘addict’ can decide if their behaviour is ‘addictive’ or out of control but this intense and information packed day will help therapists to guide the client in making that decision. The day also provides the tools for developing understanding of the roots of the addiction and suggestions for providing ongoing work and referral.
Understanding and Recognising Sex Addiction
- To provide a definition of sex addiction
- To recognise different classifications and causes of sex addiction
- To help counsellors understand sex addiction from a biopsychosocial perspective
- To provide counsellors with the tools to help clients self diagnose either an active addiction or their ‘at risk’ behaviours
- To provide an understanding of the cycle of addiction including triggers and underlying issues
- To provide an overview of treatment options for those with addiction
- To provide experiential opportunities to practise assessment skills
- To provide counsellors with the tools to support clients who may be going through sexual addiction treatment
- To provide counsellors with the tools to work with clients who have already been through treatment to work on the underlying issues.
Paula Hall is a BACP Accredited and UKCP Registered Psychotherapist who specialises in sex and porn addiction. She is Clinical Director of The Laurel Centre who provide treatment for addiction as well as support for partners. She is also Course Director for ISAT who provide CPD and Diploma level training for professionals. She is author of Understanding & Treating Sex & Pornography Addiction (Routledge 2018), Sex Addiction – The Partner’s Perspective (Routledge 2016) and Confronting Porn (CARE 2016) and soon to be released, Sex Addiction – A Guide for Couples (Routledge 2019)
* CONDITIONS OF BOOKING YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKET :
WHEN BOOKING YOUR DISCOUNTED TRAINEE RATE YOU WILL
NEED TO BRING TO YOUR CPD EVENT EITHER:
YOUR STUDENT ID CARD
YOUR BACP STUDENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
AN EMAIL FROM YOUR INSTITUTION TO CONFIRM YOUR ENROLMENT IN YOUR COURSE.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE SUCH
DOCUMENTATION AT THE EVENT THIS COULD PREVENT YOU OBTAINING FUTURE TRAINEE DISCOUNT TICKETS WITH WIMBLEDON GUILD COUNSELLING TRAINING